Gates To Purgatory
Running Wild - "Gates To Purgatory"
ALBUM TITLE: Gates To Purgatory
GENRE: Heavy Metal
FORMAT: CD, Vinyl
DISTRIBUTOR: ADA Warner
ARTIST: Running Wild
Released in 1984, 'Gates To Purgatory' was German heavy metaller’s – Running Wild’s debut album.
Heavily influenced by bands like Judas Priest, Kiss and AC/DC this is eight tracks of raw, primitive and powerful heavy metal that is lyrically themed with satanic iconography, with the band adopting the studs, leather and skulls look in their photos and artwork. Selling over 235,000 copies 'Gates To Purgatory' catapulted Running Wild to metal stardom in their native Germany and beyond. The album is fully re-mastered with new booklet, liner notes and interviews with frontman Rock N’Rolf.
1. Victim of States Power
2. Black Demon
4. Soldiers of Hell
5. Diabolic Force
6. Adrian S.O.S.
7. Genghis Khan
8. Prisoner of Our Time
Bonus CD tracks
9. Chains & Leather ('Rock From Hell - German Metal Attack' version)
10. Adrian ('Rock From Hell - German Metal Attack' version)
11. Walpurgis Night (The Sign of Women's Fight) (12" single B-Side)
12. Satan (12" single B-Side)
13. Iron Heads ('Death Metal' version)
14. Bones to Ashes ('Death Metal' version)
15. Soldiers of Hell (1991 Re-recorded version)
16. Prisoner of Our Time (1991 Re-recorded version)